The First Life Coaching Session IQ Matrix takes you through the first life coaching session with a new coaching client. The mind map and accompanying 20 page eBook lays down an outline you can follow that helps structure your first coaching session.
The map, specifically, breaks down the purpose of life coaching. It explores client and coaching roles. It then outlines the barriers to effective coaching. Next, the map walks you through how to establish and build rapport. And it concludes by taking you through ideas for how to leave your client feeling committed, motivated, and inspired.
Working through this map will provide you with a sound framework you can use to build the structure of your first life coaching session with your clients.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the First Life Coaching Session mind map.
- The Purpose of Life Coaching: The first branch of this map outlines the purpose of life coaching, its various benefits, and the value it can bring to each of your coaching clients.
- Life Coaching Roles: The second branch of this map defines clear roles for the coach and coachee during a life coaching session. By fulfilling these roles, the coach and coachee can work together more seamlessly for the greater benefit of the client.
- Barriers to Life Coaching: The third branch of this map explores barriers to coaching that a life coach must address and minimize before working with their client. These barriers prevent open and transparent communication.
- How to Establish Rapport: The fourth branch of this map outlines a four-step process to help a life coach establish deeper levels of rapport with their coaching client. The steps of the process include (1) encouraging your client to talk, (2) asking open-ended questions, (3) identifying your client’s beliefs, values, strengths, weaknesses, and perspective, and (4) addressing your client’s anxieties and fears. Use these steps to connect with your client on a deeper level.
- Finding Motivation: The final branch of this map sets the scene for future coaching sessions. It does this by helping your client find the focus and motivation they need to commit to their chosen objectives. The key here is to unlock a client’s commitment, willingness, and desire for change. That sets the foundations for future coaching sessions.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for coaching your client through their first life coaching session. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick to these guidelines, memorize and incorporate them into your first life coaching session, and you will progressively develop a solid framework for establishing rapport and for coaching your clients beyond that first session.
When you purchase The First Life Coaching Session IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.