The Dealing with Loneliness IQ Matrix explores how to find the inner-strength you need to get through isolation and extended periods of loneliness. Loneliness affects people from all walks of life — even people who, on the surface, don’t appear to be lonely. Loneliness isn’t something you feel when you wake up one morning. It’s something that rather grows and develops over time. It’s, therefore, not one thing, but rather a combination of things, experiences, and individual moments that create our feelings of loneliness. This mind map may, however, help. It explores what causes loneliness and it outlines a four-step process to help you overcome loneliness. Use this map as an anchor to help you effectively work through periods of loneliness and isolation.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Dealing with Loneliness mind map.
- When Feeling Lonely: The first branch of this map explores what it means to feel lonely. It also breaks down the typical causes of loneliness. This branch also addresses the idea that being alone does not necessarily mean that you should be feeling lonely. Loneliness is more of a state of mind rather than a physical condition.
- Overcoming Loneliness Process: The second branch of this map breaks down a four-step process you can work through to help you effectively work through periods in your life when you’re feeling lonely. Important questions are raised here as you are required to evaluate your circumstances and expectations. These steps include (1) acknowledge how you’re feeling, (2) evaluate your circumstances and expectations, (3) stop blaming yourself or comparing yourself to others, (4) take responsibility for making changes to your life.
- Ideas and Suggestions: The final two branches of this map walk you through various suggestions that will help you shift your perspective of what it means to feel lonely. There are also other ideas here that will help you find avenues for reconnecting with yourself and others in a multitude of fun and creative ways. If you progressively take the time to start implementing some of these ideas, you may be pleasantly surprised with the results. 😊
This map provides a roadmap and framework for working through periods of isolation and loneliness far more effectively. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the self-confidence and resourcefulness you need to step out into the world and reconnect with yourself, others, and nature.
When you purchase the Dealing with Loneliness IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.