The Defying Perfectionism IQ Matrix explores various ways to overcome the constricting effects of indulging in the habit of perfectionism. Perfectionism is a very covert way we tend to sabotage ourselves. While indulging in perfectionism, we feel as though we’re making progress. But this is ultimately nothing more than a smokescreen for our self-sabotaging behavior. Those who support perfectionism may tell you that it’s a measure of their attention to detail. Moreover, they may say that it’s about living to a higher set of standards and expectations required for success.
Given all this, it could be said that perfectionism is a form of excellence. But is it? The reality is that perfectionism is built upon fear, inflexible rules, and unreasonable standards that effectively sabotage our progress. And if this is something you would like to overcome, then this map can show you the way.
The mind map specifically identifies the disadvantages of indulging in perfectionism. It highlights the typical behaviors that lead to perfectionism. It outlines how we tend to hold onto our perfectionistic behavior and how it evolves over time. The map then presents you with several guidelines to help you overcome perfectionism in your day to day undertakings. Working through this map will help you develop the necessary traits, mindset, and behaviors required for overcoming your perfectionistic tendencies.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Defying Perfectionism mind map.
- Understanding Perfectionism: The first branch of this map defines what it means to be a perfectionist. It then outlines the disadvantages of perfectionism and highlights the typical behaviors that a perfectionist tends to indulge.
- How Perfectionism Evolves: The second branch of this map outlines how perfectionism evolves and how we tend to maintain our perfectionistic tendencies and behaviors over time.
- Overcoming Perfectionism: The last two branches of this map explore numerous things you can do to overcome the constricting habit of perfectionism. Here you will discover what to avoid doing, what to focus on, the qualities to cultivate, the things you must accept, the perspective you should be adopting, and how to develop appropriate standards and expectations for your life. It’s important to note here that you can strive for excellence without falling into the trap of perfectionism. Being a perfectionist and having high standards of excellence are two very different things. These two branches will help you to better understand those differences.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for overcoming the debilitating habits and tendencies associated with perfectionism. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize them and incorporate them into your daily habits and actions, and you will progressively develop the traits, mindset, and behaviors required to help you defy perfectionism.
When you purchase the Defying Perfectionism IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.