The Goal Inspired Discipline IQ Matrix explores how to develop the self-discipline you need to accomplish your most ambitious goals. Having discipline means acting in accordance with your long-term goals regardless of how motivated you feel. Discipline, therefore, requires us to push through short-term discomfort to secure long-term gains.
This map walks you through the progressive steps you need to take to train and strengthen your self-discipline muscle as you work on your goals. Key areas the map covers include how to make self-discipline a part of your identity; how to build an empowering morning ritual; how to create accountability; how to structure and schedule your day, and how to use weekly and monthly reviews to stay on track as you work toward your goals.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Goal Inspired Discipline mind map.
CLARIFY: Before you can consistently practice self-discipline, you need a certain level of clarity about the things you want to achieve. The first branch of this map helps you get very clear about the goals you want to achieve and why you want to achieve them. It also presents you with key questions to help you integrate self-discipline and make it a part of your identity. And it enables you to prepare for potential obstacles that could hinder your ability to stay disciplined over the long run.
COMMIT: To make disciplining yourself a little easier, you must commit to partaking in certain daily practices. The second branch of this map takes you through the importance of building a morning routine and immersion ritual. It also helps you develop a Drop List, explores the value of being intentional, the importance of accountability, and why self-discipline relies heavily on your energy.
DAILY: How you schedule your time and what you focus on during that time is a reflection of the depth of your self-discipline. The third branch of this map takes you through how to use time blocks to schedule your day and determine what to focus on. Here you will identify the next steps you need to take to accomplish your goals and the importance of assigning meaning to the things you’re working on. Without meaning, there is no purpose, and without purpose, your self-discipline diminishes.
SCHEDULE REVIEWS: The final branch of this map takes you through the process of conducting regular reviews and planning sessions. It specifically presents you with various questions that will help you reflect on the progress you’ve made the previous week or month and prepare for the upcoming period. Use these questions as stepping stones to help you maintain high standards of self-discipline as you work toward accomplishing your goals.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for maintaining the high levels of self-discipline required for goal achievement. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Goal Inspired Discipline IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text-only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix will be added to your account page at no extra cost when made available.