The Art of Self-Control IQ Matrix and accompanying 20 page eBook explores how to strengthen your self-control to override unwanted impulses, feelings, thoughts, habits, and temptations. The map, however, also looks at the subtle difference between self-control and willpower. On the surface, both seem to suggest that we tend to hold ourselves back from something. This is, of course, true to an extent.
There are, however, some subtle differences that make one significantly more effective than the other. Working through this map will help you to better understand what self-control is and how to best utilize it to achieve your goals. The map specifically shows you how to strengthen and rejuvenate your self-control when you need it to obtain a desired objective.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Art of Self-Control mind map.
- What is Willpower?: The first branch of this map breaks down what willpower is and how to use it throughout the day. Willpower is, of course, a limited resource that gets sapped and drained the more it is used. But how exactly does this happen? Details are provided within this branch.
- What is Self-Control?: The second branch of this map explores the subtle differences between willpower and self-control. One of these differences alludes to the fact that willpower comes across as a defensive mechanism resulting from conflicting values and desires. On the other hand, when we use self-control it’s congruent with existing values and desires. More differences are revealed within this branch.
- Strengthening Self-Control: The third branch examines how to strengthen self-control to help us achieve our desired goals. One of the key guidelines here is to develop systems and processes that help minimize the number of decisions you make throughout the day. It’s these decisions that weaken your level of self-control and it thusly becomes harder to get the most important stuff done.
- Rejuvenating Self-Control: The final branch of this map explores how to rejuvenate self-control which has already been lost. Studies have shown that self-control is tied to our blood sugar level. When your blood sugar level drops, so does your ability to resist temptations or make decisions. As such, it’s important to eat regular snacks throughout the day. This will help top-up your self-control. More guidelines for rejuvenating self-control are also provided on this branch.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing your self-control. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these principles into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
As you progressively work through this map you will begin to understand the subtle differences between self-control and willpower. Using this understanding, you will learn to manage your self-control far more effectively throughout the day. As a result, you will develop a higher level of tolerance against temptations and have the strength, motivation, and clarity of mind to make more effective decisions.
When you purchase the Art of Self-Control IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.