The Current Reality Identification IQ Matrix explores how to effectively help your coaching clients overcome their problems and concerns during a life coaching session. This mind map enables you to identify the obstacles standing between your client and their desired objectives. The map specifically breaks down how to assess your client’s tendencies towards failure. It walks you through how to identify the GAP between your client’s current reality and their desired outcomes.
Your first objective will, of course, be to ask your client a series of questions. This will help you pinpoint where they’re struggling to make progress. After that, you will need to address your client’s failure strategy, which includes the GAP assessment process. Only after going through all these stages, will you have the information you need to address your client’s concerns and help guide them in the right direction.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Current Reality Identification mind map.
- Analyze Obstacles: The first branch of this map pieces together numerous critical questions to help you break down the obstacles that are impeding your client’s progress. These 37 questions have been divided up into various categories. These categories of questions help you explore the challenges a client faces from all conceivable angles and perspectives. As your client answers these questions, they will gain a comprehensive understanding of what they need to do to overcome their problems.
- Analyze Strategy for Failure: The second branch of this map identifies your client’s psychological strategy for failure and the impact this has on their life. Here, you are taken through a three-step process you can use to work with your client to help you identify their failure strategy. The steps of this process include (1) selecting your client’s failure scenario, (2) breaking down their psychological tendencies when using this scenario, and (3) locking down your client’s behavioral failure patterns. Accompanying this process are a set of questions you can ask your client to understand their internal and external psychological tendencies at a deeper level.
- Analysis of the GAP: The final branch of this map helps you assess the psychological and behavioral GAP between your client’s past, present, and desired future. The purpose here is to help your client to bridge the GAP between where they are in their life right now to help get them to where they want to be. Included are several self-reflection questions and guidelines that will help you to identify this GAP far more effectively.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for helping your client bridge the GAP between their current and desired reality. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these guidelines, memorize, and incorporate them into your life coaching practice, and you will progressively develop a better understanding of how to effectively identify a client’s reality during your life coaching session.
When you purchase the Current Reality Identification IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.