The Life Coaching Approach 1 IQ Matrix explores key aspects of life coaching that will help you work more effectively with your clients. As a life coach, your primary responsibility is to help guide your client down an optimal path — a path that empowers them to make effective choices moving toward their desired objectives. Furthermore, you have a responsibility to look after your client’s best interests and to help nurture their growth and development in key life areas. And that’s precisely what this map will help you do.
The map provides you with guidelines for improving your attending strategies and feedback techniques. It also outlines the importance of using effective questioning methods to get to the heart of your client’s concerns. Keeping all these things in mind will help you, as a life coach, to get a deeper understanding of your client’s wants, needs, and concerns.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Life Coaching Approach 1 mind map.
- Attending Strategies: The first branch of this map breaks down critical factors a life coach must attend to throughout a coaching session. This involves attending to their body language and psychological tendencies, as well as their client’s language and habitual patterns of behavior. Attending to your client in this way will provide you with insights and clues into how they’re thinking and what their feeling during the life coaching session.
- Listening and Feedback Techniques: The second branch of this map delves into critical listening and feedback techniques that a life coach must get into the habit of utilizing during their coaching sessions. These techniques will help them to steer the conversation in beneficial ways that serve their client’s best interests. Included here is a breakdown of how to paraphrase, summarize, clarify, encourage, and make use of invitations to keep the conversation going.
- Questioning Techniques: The final branch of this map explores how to use effective questioning techniques during a life coaching session. Questioning is at the core of the life coaching process. Understanding how to ask useful questions makes all the difference. It can help your client or hinder their progress. This branch breaks down what questions to ask and which questions to avoid. It also outlines a six-step process you can use to ask more effective questions. The steps of this process include (1) asking an open-ended question, (2) probing for further answers, (3) reflecting on the client’s response, (4) asking a closed-ended question, (5) summarizing, and (6) searching for specifics. The accompanying summary for this map outlines how to work through each step of this process.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for utilizing attending strategies, feedback, and questioning techniques to help guide a life coaching client in optimal ways. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these guidelines, memorize, and incorporate them into your life coaching practice, and you will progressively develop effective coaching habits that will help you provide the support and feedback your clients need to live their best life.
When you purchase the Life Coaching Approach Part 1 IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.