The Discover Life Purpose IQ Matrix takes you through a very specific set of questions that will help you gain key insight into your life’s purpose, mission, and vision. Your life’s purpose is built upon your deepest passions and dreams. It’s the one thing that brings incredible joy and fulfillment to your life. In fact, it is the one thing that makes life worth living. This map, however, isn’t only for personal use. It’s also an indispensable tool for life coaches who would like to use these sets of questions to help uncover their client’s life purpose and deepest passions.
The questions contained within this map are organized into specific categories. These categories include self-awareness, finding your motivation, unlocking your dreams, breaking down your lifetime experiences, creating an ideal life, and finding your higher calling. Taking the time to work through and answer these questions will help you uncover your life’s purpose.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Discover Life Purpose mind map.
- Awareness: The first branch of this map focuses on self-awareness. It’s about understanding yourself, your strengths, and your weaknesses. It’s about understanding your roles and the impact they have on your life. And it’s also about understanding yourself through the eyes of others as well as through your family’s legacy.
- Finding Motivation: The second branch of this map is designed to help you focus on your deepest passions. Here you are focusing on things that give you the most energy and fulfillment. Hidden within these activities are the seeds of your life’s purpose. It’s, however, important to mention that the most obvious answer might not be the best answer.
- Unlocking Dreams: We all have dreams, hopes, and aspirations. The third branch of this map helps you unlock those dreams. This branch presents you with questions relating to your desires and to the life experiences that you would like to create. This branch also delves into regrets. Sometimes our regrets hold the keys to our life’s purpose.
- Lifetime Experiences: The fourth branch delves into a lifetime of experiences that you’ve had since you were a child. Hidden within these experiences are the answers that will help you unlock your life’s purpose. It’s important to note that sometimes it’s the difficult experiences that contain within them the seeds of insight we need to discover our purpose for living.
- Creating the Ideal: Now it’s time to create the ideal life that you would like to live. The questions presented on the fifth branch of this map allow you to dream and imagine an ideal life and career path that will bring you incredible joy, happiness, and fulfillment.
- Your Higher Calling: The purpose of the final branch is to gain insights into your higher calling. Your higher calling is in some ways your spiritual purpose. It can also be described as doing something greater than yourself that leaves a lasting legacy behind. In other words, it’s all about being of service to others in some way. It’s only in the service of others that lasting fulfillment can be attained.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for finding your life’s purpose and deepest passions. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Spend time asking yourself these questions and you will progressively gain more clarity about your deepest passions, motivations, longings, and ultimately your life’s purpose. From there, re-prioritize your life and commit yourself fully to bring your purpose to fruition. Only then will you find the fulfillment and joy you have been searching for all these years.
The content for this map was adapted from Coaching Questions: A Coach’s Guide to Powerful Asking Skills, written by Tony Stoltzfus.
When you purchase the Discover Life Purpose IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary that breaks down each branch of the IQ Matrix in detail.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.