The Persuasion Recipe (Part 1) IQ Matrix explores how to persuade someone to commit to or believe in something. Whether you’re selling a product or service, pitching an idea, or simply trying to sway someone to adopt a different way of thinking, then the persuasion process outlined within this map will provide you with everything you need to convince people of the value of your offer. This specific map breaks down the first four steps of the persuasion recipe. The remaining four steps are outlined within the Persuasion Recipe (Part 2) IQ Matrix.
Working through each of these steps will help you to clarify your persuasive message, to get a deeper understanding of the other person’s needs, aspirations, and struggles, to demonstrate your character, and to explore mutually beneficial outcomes. Working through this map will help enhance your persuasive skills in just about any social or professional setting.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Persuasion Recipe (Part 1) mind map.
CLARIFY: The process of persuasion always begins with clarity. We, therefore, need to be very clear about the persuasive message we want to send. Specifically, we need to outline what we want the other person to commit to or believe. Furthermore, we need to understand our audience or the person who will be receiving our message. The first branch of this map will help you craft your persuasive message. You must, however, make sure that you adapt the content and delivery of your message to meet the needs of your audience.
MAKE CONNECTION: Having successfully crafted our persuasive message, it’s now time to create a deeper connection with the other person. The second branch of this map walks you through how to develop more profound levels of rapport with the other person as you explore the intricate details of their life and circumstances. Here, it’s essential to honor and respect the other person’s decisions, struggles, opinions, and perspectives. Only in this way will you establish the rapport you need to make a meaningful and lasting connection.
DEMONSTRATE: Having laid down the groundwork, it’s now time to give the other person a little insight into your character. The third branch of this map presents you with a series of questions to help you develop deeper levels of trust with the other person. Specifically, it provides you prompts on how to come across as being more authentic, caring, and trustworthy. All of which will help enhance your ability to influence the other person to your way of thinking.
EXPLORE: The final branch of this mind map explores mutual benefits. This requires outlining not only how the other person will benefit from committing or believing in something, but also how you will benefit from this transaction. If you don’t take the time to demonstrate how you’re benefiting from this situation, then the other person may conclude that you are manipulating them. This will, subsequently, destroy the trust that you have worked so hard to establish. From here, you must progress to the Persuasion Recipe (Part 2) IQ Matrix that takes you through the four remaining steps of the persuasion process.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for persuading another person to commit to or believe in something. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Persuasion Recipe #1 IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix will be added to your account page at no extra cost when made available.