The Persuasion Recipe (Part 2) IQ Matrix explores how to persuade someone to commit to or believe in something. Whether you’re selling a product or service, pitching an idea, or simply trying to sway someone to adopt a different way of thinking, then the persuasion process outlined within this map will provide you with everything you need to convince people of the value of your offer. This specific map breaks down the last four steps of the persuasion recipe. The first four steps are outlined within the Persuasion Recipe (Part 1) IQ Matrix.
Working through each of these steps will help you unlock the other person’s intrinsic and extrinsic motivations. This will get them excited about a future reality full of possibilities. You will also learn how to extend the impact of these benefits to their family and friends. And you will finish off the persuasion process by outlining the negative consequences of not following through with this decision. Working through this map will help enhance your persuasive skills in just about any social or professional setting.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Persuasion Recipe (Part 2) mind map.
HIGHLIGHT: Having done all the groundwork in the Persuasive Recipe (Part 1) IQ Matrix, you are now ready to take your interaction to the next level. Here, within the first branch of this mind map, your objective is to highlight the intrinsic and extrinsic rewards that this person will receive if they commit to your offer. This branch presents you with numerous thought-provoking questions that will help you unlock the other person’s underlying motivations and desires. The better job you do here, the greater understanding the other person will have of the value of your offer and the benefits it will bring to their life.
EXPLORE: Having created a little excitement in the previous step, it’s now time to explore the other person’s current and future reality. First, you need to outline what their current reality is like, which includes their struggles and the difficulties they are currently facing. You need to then take them into the future and describe how life could potentially be if they commit to or believe in what you’re offering them. Specifically, this branch takes you through a series of questions that will help you explore the daily impact that following through with this will have on the other person’s life.
EXTEND BENEFITS: Having an understanding of how the other person will benefit, we now need to extend those benefits to the people they care about most. The third branch of this mind map explores how this person’s decision will positively impact their family, friends, colleagues, and community. When people see how the benefits of making this decision extend beyond their immediate self-interests, this instantly provides an extra incentive to follow through and make this commitment.
OUTLINE: The final branch of this map explores how to get a commitment from the other person. It specifically walks you through how to establish negative consequences for not following through with this decision. It then outlines how to set tangible and intangible deadlines. The key here is to get the other person excited about the possibilities – about creating emotional urgency and convincing them that this is the right moment to make this decision or take this action.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for persuading another person to commit to or believe in something. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Persuasion Recipe #2 IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix will be added to your account page at no extra cost when made available.