The Six Thinking Hats IQ Matrix and accompanying 30 page eBook explores how to think more effectively, critically, and creatively about your problems, life, and circumstances using the Six Thinking Hat approach to problem-solving. This method for problem-solving was created by Edward de Bono. Each branch of this map explores one of the Six Thinking Hats.
Every hat approaches the problem from a slightly different perspective. In combination, these hats can help you to effectively work through any problem you might face. In fact, the Six Thinking Hats method will help you handle adversity, setbacks, and obstacles in far more optimal ways. It presents an efficient method for problem-solving that can be used individually or in a team environment. Use this map as a handy reference guide for working through each of the Six Thinking Hats when solving problems.
Each branch of this mind map explores one of the Six Thinking Hats that approaches the problem from a slightly different perspective. The blue hat is the managerial hat that controls the problem-solving process. The white hat takes a rational approach. The red hat takes an intuitive approach. The black hat takes a pessimistic approach. The yellow hat takes a realistic approach with a positive spin. And the green hat approaches the problem from a creative perspective. In combination, these hats can help you to work through any problem you might face far more effectively.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Six Thinking Hats mind map.
- The Six Thinking Hats: Each branch of this mind map summarizes the various roles, objectives, and the questions you should be asking yourself while wearing one of the Six Thinking Hats. You might, for instance, want to solve a problem, to overcome an obstacle, to brainstorm a new idea, to improve your decision-making or use this process for academic purposes. No matter what purpose you have in mind, the Six Thinking Hats will help you find the solutions, answers, and the opportunities you need to stay ahead of the game and work through any life dilemma.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for solving problems using the Six Thinking Hats approach. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize, and incorporate them into your daily thinking regime, and you will progressively overcome complex problems using Edward De Bono’s Six Thinking Hats method for solving problems.
When you purchase the Six Thinking Hats IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.