Thinking Like a Detective IQ Matrix explores how to solve problems more effectively by thinking like a detective who is solving a case. Sherlock Holmes is one of the most well-known and renowned detectives. Countless books have been written about him, and various movies and TV shows have also explored his life. Yes, he is a fictional character, however, his ability to read people and solve crimes was quite remarkable.
This mind map unlocks the secrets of how to think like Sherlock Holmes. However, this isn’t about solving a criminal case. You are instead provided with a step-by-step plan for solving a typical life problem. Specifically, the mind map breaks down a six-step process you can use to solve your life problems just like a Sherlock Holmes.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Thinking Like a Detective mind map.
- What’s Required?: The first couple of branches of this map break down what’s required to start thinking like a detective when facing a difficult problem. To think like a detective requires that you mentally prepare yourself before jumping into the problem-solving process. You must effectively train your mind using these guidelines to get yourself into the right frame-of-mind for problem-solving.
- Solving a Problem: The final two branches of this map explore a six-step problem-solving process used by detectives like Sherlock Holmes. This problem-solving process will help you to effectively work through a typical life problem using effective questioning techniques, rigorous observation skills, and research. These steps include identifying the problem, laying out your objectives, conducting research, make key observations, detaching from the problem, and finding an adequate solution. Use these steps to formulate a solution for solving just about any life problem.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for solving problems like a detective. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these principles into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
As you progressively work through this map you will become more familiar with how to solve problems more effectively using a step-by-step approach — like that used by Sherlock Holmes. And, of course, with practice, problem-solving will become second nature. In fact, problem-solving will become a lot more fun and exciting as you turn each problem into an investigation.
When you purchase the Thinking Like a Detective IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.