The Your Life Story IQ Matrix explores the stories we tend to tell ourselves that keep us stuck and feeling miserable. These stories come in the form of excuses, complaints, and regrets that hold us back from the life we desire to live and the goals we seek to achieve. Most of the time though, we are not consciously aware of these stories. And yet, these stories influence every decision we make and action we take. Working through this map will help you identify the stories that are holding you back. Moreover, the map will help guide you down a new and more empowering path where you will write a new script and story for your life. You can then use that story to drive yourself forward toward the attainment of your goals.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Your Life Story mind map.
NOW: First you need to identify your story. This is the story of your life. It’s a story you use to rationalize why your life is how it is and the reasons it’s not any better. Use this first branch to explore the beliefs, habits, excuses, and regrets that are holding you back and keeping you stuck.
NEXT: Having already identified your story, it’s now time to explore what’s next. Specifically, you will look at what you want to do and achieve in life. But that’s only half the story. You also need to explore what you don’t want and the things you might need to let go of to achieve your goals.
MOTIVATION: Now, that you have some clarity about what it is you want, it’s time to rewrite your script and create a new story that will drive you forward toward your goals. However, this isn’t just about writing a new script for your life. It’s also about writing a new script for yourself and how you will live that life. Moreover, it’s about building the right habits, beliefs, rituals, and skills that will help you act out that story.
MOMENTUM: It’s finally time to start building momentum toward your goals. But to do this you will need a little more clarity. Specifically, you will need to identify what success looks like. This final branch challenges you to write a script for your ideal day, week, month, and year. Once you know what that looks like and understand your criteria for success, you can then start living out your new life story.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for letting go of self-limiting beliefs and excuses that are keeping yous stuck. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these principles into your subconscious mind. Only in this way will you develop optimal habits of mind and patterns of behavior that will help you to work through self-imposed limitations.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Your Life Story IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.