The Break Bad Habits IQ Matrix explores how to change any unhelpful habit into an empowering habit that serves your greater good. Habit change doesn’t come easy. Often, we recognize what needs to change, but rarely do we commit ourselves fully towards making our desired changes stick. If you’ve failed to change a bad habit, then possibly you missed a few critical steps that are required for successful habit change.
This map walks you through how we tend to form habits. It then breaks down how to identify Pain Protecting and Pleasure Inducing habits. These are two common categories of habitual behavior that tend to sabotage our progress. And the map concludes by taking you through 5 key elements required for successful habit change. Overlook any of these elements, and your chances of breaking a bad habit will significantly decrease.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Break Bad Habits mind map.
HABIT FORMATION: Habit formation typically undergoes a four-stage process. These steps include (1) Trigger (2) Behavior (3) Reward, and (4) Repetition. In other words, you experience something, you respond in a specific way, which leads to a payoff or reward, and you repeat the behavior because it feels easy and natural. The first branch of this map walks you through this process. It also provides you with several ideas on how to deactivate bad habits using three triggers.
PAIN PROTECTING HABITS: There are two main categories of habitual behavior that we tend to engage in. The first are the Pain Protecting Habits. These habits protect us from mistakes, failure, discomfort, and negative consequences. This branch of the map explores how to identify these bad habits.
PLEASURE INDUCING HABITS: The second category of habitual behavior that we tend to engage in are Pleasure Inducing Habits. These habits provide a temporary distraction, relief or pleasure. They help to effectively subdue negative feelings and immediately put us in a more optimal (but fragile) state of mind. This branch will help you identify these bad habits.
CHANGING A HABIT: The final branch of this map takes you through five key elements required for making a successful habit change. These elements include Reason, Research, Repetition, Reward, and Accountability. Within this branch, you will discover how to utilize these five elements to make good habits stick.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for how to change a habit for good. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Break Bad Habits IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix will be added to your account page at no extra cost when made available.