The Basketball Passing Skills IQ Matrix will help you master the fundamentals of how to improve your basketball passing skills. Passing is a critical component of the game of basketball. It requires agility, speed, and an awareness of the ball, your teammates, and your opponent. Furthermore, passing is only as effective to the extent that it is utilized correctly on the basketball floor. Simplicity is, therefore, typically the best strategy. Simplicity does, however, require patience and practice.
This mind map breaks down various basketball passes and how to execute them successfully. Specifically, the map walks you through how to use 4 off the dribble passes, how to use 11 one-handed passes, and how to use 6 two-handed passes. For each pass, you will learn the technique for executing that pass, along with how to use it.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Basketball Passing Skills mind map.
- Off the Dribble Passing: The first branch of this map takes you through the fundamentals of how to execute an Air Pass, Bounce Pass, Hook Pass, and Discus Pass. It also outlines when to use each of these passes in a game situation.
- One Hand Passing: The second branch of this map explores the fundamentals of how to execute an Air Flick, Bounce Pass (standard, drop, hook), Wrap Around, Around the Back, Sky Hook, Lop Pass, Down Up Wrist Flick, Bowling Pass, Baseball Pass, and Dribble Pitch. It also describes when to use each of these passes in a game situation.
- Two-Hand Passing: The final branch of this map outlines the fundamentals of how to execute a Bounce Pass, Dribble Pitch, Overhead Pass, Against the Grain Pass, Across the Face Skip Pass, and Chest Pass. It also highlights when to use each of these passes in a game situation.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for becoming a better, more creative, and skilled passer of the basketball. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your basketball training regime, and you will progressively become a better, more creative, and skilled passer of the basketball.
When you purchase the Basketball Passing Skills IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.