The Life Coaching Approach 2 IQ Matrix explores key aspects of life coaching that will help you work more effectively with your clients. The mind map specifically breaks down how to identify what your client wants, the barriers to client change, and how to best utilize clarifying questions.
In addition to this, the map explores coaching assumptions and outlines a framework you can use during your life coaching session to guide your client toward their goals. It’s easy to overlook some of these areas while coaching your clients. They are, however, vitally important and will provide you with an arsenal of tools you can use to get the best from your client in every situation.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Life Coaching Approach 2 mind map.
- What Clients Want: The first branch of this map breaks down the tangible and intangible “wants” that a client desires to have in their life. Moreover, it outlines the obstacles that prevent these “wants” from becoming a reality.
- Barriers to Client Change: The second branch of this map delves into the reasons why clients typically resist making changes in life. It also presents you with ideas on how to overcome these barriers.
- Clarifying Questions: The third branch of this map takes you through various clarifying questions you can use during your life coaching session. Use these clarifying questions to get a more precise and in-depth understanding of your client’s concerns, problems, and barriers to change. It’s important to note that these are not questions you ask your client, but rather questions you keep in mind as you listen to your client’s story. They will, subsequently, help direct the conversations you are having with your client.
- Coaching Framework and Assumptions: The final branch of this map outlines an indispensable life coaching framework that coaches typically use. This branch also breaks down the numerous assumptions that a life coach uses to guide them while coaching their clients. These assumptions will help you ask more practical questions while directing the conversation towards beneficial outcomes.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for directing your coaching sessions and for understanding your client’s wants and needs at a deeper level. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these guidelines, memorize, and incorporate them into your life coaching practice, and you will progressively develop effective coaching habits that will help you provide the support and feedback your clients need to live their best life.
When you purchase the Life Coaching Approach 2 IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.