The Setting New Year’s Resolutions IQ Matrix explores a process of steps that will help you follow-through with your New Year’s Resolutions. Surveys have shown, time and again, that people who make New Year’s Resolutions rarely achieve them. In fact, one survey indicated that 92 percent of all New Year’s Resolutions are never realized. Why? Because there are just too many “good enough” excuses not to follow through. However, excuses aside, many people simply fail to fully commit to the goals they set for themselves. And all this effectively comes down to a lack of clarity and understanding of what it takes to achieve a desired objective.
This mind map walks you through six-steps for setting actionable New Year’s Resolutions. These steps include reflecting on the past year, outlining your desired goal, creating a plan of action, taking action, maintaining consistent action, and following through with your actions until your goal is realized.
Here is a quick breakdown of the six-step process to help you set more effective New Year’s Resolutions.
- Reflect: The first step of the process involves taking time to reflect on the past year while also looking forward to the upcoming year. Here you are using the past year as a platform to build your future.
- Outline: The second step of the process involves outlining your desired goals clearly on paper. When writing out your goals it’s, however, important to follow several critical guidelines. This is, in fact, where many people get it all wrong. As a result, there is a lack of commitment to following through with their goals.
- Create: The third step of the process involves creating a plan of action. With your goals clearly outlined, you now need to create a daily, weekly, and monthly action plan that will help you bridge the gap between this moment and the attainment of your goals.
- Take: The fourth step of the process involves physically taking action. This is also where many people get it all wrong. They fail because they jump in headfirst and quickly burn themselves out. For this very reason, it’s important, to begin with baby steps, and build momentum over time.
- Maintain: The fifth step of the process involves maintaining consistent action over the long-haul. Consistency is the key to goal achievement. Sometimes results might not come during the early stages. Consistency will eventually get you there. You must, however, understand how to maintain your level of focus and motivation during this critical phase.
- Keep: The sixth and final step of the process involves following through with your actions until your goal has been achieved. This requires keeping yourself honest and accountable while building the necessary habits and rituals that will help you attain your desired objectives.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for setting and achieving your New Year’s Resolution goals. You can even use it as a framework for achieving any goal. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and work with them when setting New Year’s Resolutions and you will quickly discover that you will be far more committed to your daily actions. There are, of course, no guarantees. But you can certainly throw your excuses out the door. This six-step process will light the way. But, in the end, it’s up to you to bridge the gap between where you are and where you desire to be.
When you purchase the Setting New Year’s Resolutions IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.