The Selling an Idea IQ Matrix explores a nine-step process you can use to sell an idea, product, or service. The steps of this process include (1) presenting the opportunity, (2) describing your struggles and results, (3) outlining the benefits, (4) providing proof, (5) presenting a solution, (6) providing the price, (7) offering bonuses, (8) providing a guarantee, and (9) creating urgency. You can use these steps in this exact order to instantly improve your ability to persuade others to support your idea or purchase your product or service.
You can, of course, use this nine-step process for your sales presentations, for video sales letters, and in your sales copy. The principles outlined in this map work incredibly well. It will, however, take some thought and preparation to adapt these steps to the product, service, or idea you are selling.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Selling an Idea mind map.
- PRESENT THE OPPORTUNITY: It’s important to always begin by presenting the broad opportunity that people can take advantage of. This isn’t yet about your product, service, or idea. It’s rather about a unique opportunity that is available to everyone. Here you need to get people excited about this opportunity.
- DESCRIBE STRUGGLES AND RESULTS: After describing the opportunity, your next step is to tell your story. Specifically, describe the struggles you went through and how your struggles led you to this opportunity. Then outline the results that taking advantage of this opportunity helped you achieve. Alternatively, you can discuss other people’s struggles and achievements.
- OUTLINE BENEFITS: You now need to spend some time outlining what benefits people have derived from taking advantage of this opportunity. At this stage, you haven’t yet mentioned your product, service, or idea. Just focus on the benefits for now and the value that these benefits have brought to peoples’ lives.
- PROVIDE PROOF: Having outlined the value and benefits, you now need to provide the supporting evidence and proof. Here you can provide testimonials, case studies, success stories, and statistics that offer hard facts of the value of this opportunity.
- PRESENT SOLUTION: This is the point in your sales copy or presentation where you introduce your product, service, or idea. Whatever you’re offering becomes the solution that will help people to take advantage of this opportunity.
- PROVIDE PRICE: Before providing the cost of your product, service, or idea, consider how it will save people time, money, and/or effort. It’s important to compare the cost with the opportunity. The cost must become a no-brainer given the value of the opportunity that your product, service, or idea will help people take advantage of.
- OFFER BONUSES: To make your offer irresistible, here is where you provide people with value-added bonuses that support your primary offering. Make sure that you add a price tag to all these bonuses so that people can see the value they will be receiving.
- PROVIDE GUARANTEE: Here is where you provide people with a guarantee and promise to give people peace of mind.
- CREATE URGENCY: The final step is to present your Call to Action. Here is where you need to utilize urgency to your advantage. You need to give people adequate reasons for taking your offer. You can also offer additional bonuses for acting quickly to secure your offer.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for selling a product, service, and idea in a structured and persuasive way. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Selling an Idea IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix will be added to your account page at no extra cost when made available.